Electronic Deposits through Online Banking
Follow these steps to electronically deposit money into your RRSP, TFSA, or investment account through your online banking account.
- Sign into your online banking account
- Select the “Add Payee” feature (or similar function)
- Search for, or Add Credential Securities Inc. as the payee and input your eight digit Credential Qtrade account number
Each account will need to be added as a separate payee should you wish to make deposits to multiple accounts.
Once the service has been set up, you can make a deposit to your Credential Qtrade account by doing the following:
- Select the “Bill Payment” feature (or similar function)
- Choose the appropriate Credential Qtrade account as the payee, enter the dollar amount and the date your deposit is to be completed and verify your payment amount (sometimes by pressing continue, then Confirm)
It will take between 24 and 48 hours for the transaction to complete and your funds to appear in your Credential Qtrade account. Please note that this function is for one-time deposits of $1,000 or more only. If you would like to set up recurring deposits such as a monthly RSP contribution, please contact your financial advisor and they will assist you in setting this up.